Five Tips for Selling Your Home: Preparing For a Smooth Sale.
Selling your home is a big decision and requires planning to make the process as smooth and efficient as possible. Although many factors will influence how fast you can sell your home, you can take steps to make the process more efficient and quicker.
Most property owners are curious to know what they can do to get their home to sell fast. Let’s review five steps you can take to sell your house in Charlotte, NC.
- Understand the Selling Process
If it’s your first time selling a home, you’ll want to make sure you familiarize yourself with the process. There is a lot of information to learn, and you’ll want to decide which method you’ll be using to sell your home. In today’s day and age, sellers no longer need to list homes with a real estate agent – you have other options and can choose from the following methods:
- Real estate agent
- For sale by owner
- Sell to a home buying company.
Once you decide the route you’ll use, it’s essential to understand all aspects of the process and be aware of the costs and procedures associated with selling, including disclosures, closing fees, home inspections, and expected from your the seller.
- Determine Your Asking Price
Pricing your home will involve making an informed decision based on the market conditions and personal expectations. However, how you choose to price your home can mean the difference of an offer in a week or even months on the market.
You can use online tools to estimate your home’s current value based on homes that have recently sold in your area. Factors such as the size, specific neighborhood, number of rooms, and additional features such as pools and landscaping will impact your home’s value.
An alternative would be to get your home appraised by a home appraisal company, who will give you a more accurate cost based on the factors mentioned.
- Prepare Your Home
As a general, the better condition your home is in, the more likely you are to receive offers. Be sure to take care of essential areas before putting your home up for sale. As a rule of thumb, follow these steps:
- Declutter: decluttering is the best way to make your home look clean and spacious. Put yourself in the buyer’s shoes and ensure the house feels welcoming and expansive.
- Decor: When decorating your home, make it look as neutral as possible. You may even choose to make use of a home staging company.
- Maintenance: Make a plan to do any repairs or replacements, ensure light bulbs are all working, minor leaks are fixed, lawn care, and annual upkeep. This step will help to keep your home in pristine condition.
- Market and List Your Home
Once all the preparations are done, you will officially be ready to list your home on the market. You can work with a real estate agent or on your own to complete the next set of steps involved in marketing and listing your home on an MLS database.
- Arrange and coordinate professional photographs.
- Posting signage in the yard.
- Hosting a showing of the home.
- Organizing an open house.
If you choose to sell your home without an agent, it means you, as the owner, will be responsible for this part of the process. It’s essential to get your home onto the MLS, which feeds other real estate search engines. If you choose to sell without a real estate agent and need to get your home on the MLS, you will do so by paying a flat fee.
- Carefully Review Offers and Negotiate Accordingly
If a potential buyer likes your home, they will choose to make a formal, written offer. It’s important not to rush into anything. Whether you have one or multiple offers, consider the following before making a decision.
- Buyer pre-approval: Each offer should be presented with a pre-approval letter along with proof of funds. These are key indicators that the buyer can obtain the financing for the mortgage and will be able to close on the home.
- Seller concessions: These are additional financial incentives sellers provide to the buyer, including coverage for inspection fees, title insurance, etc.
- Consider Timelines: Some buyers may want an extended closing date and may prefer to move in much later than anticipated. In that case, you, as the seller, would cover any costs associated with the home until they move in. If you have other offers, you may choose one that is better suited to your timeline.
Opening Doors Properties – The Easy Way to Sell
Opening Doors Properties is an experienced home buying company in Charlotte, North Carolina. We provide you with an easy and fast way to sell your home. If you’ve thought I need to sell my house fast in Charlotte, NC, you should contact Opening Doors Properties.
We offer a simple and easy way to help you get cash in your pocket in as little as seven days. We have the equity needed to purchase your home, regardless of the condition and location. You can forget about the repairs, cleaning, and photography; it is that easy with us.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US NOW